Lobster is often seen as one of those luxury meals that you order in a fancy restaurant during special occasions. In fact, one of my first experiences with this crustacean was during a birthday event at Lobsterman SS2.
Fast forward almost a decade later, with Covid still looming over us and safety in dining out hasn’t completely sorted, it’s time to perhaps bring these luxury all the way to the home kitchen, shall we?
Here’s a simple recipe to bake lobster together with garlic bread as sides, here we go!
- lobster – cut in halves, break the claws
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 inches of butter
- cilantro, finely chopped
- cheese (Mozzarella), shredded
- cut lobster in half & break claws of lobster for easing eating later
- melt butter with chopped garlic
- spread half of those garlic butter on bread
- add chopped cilantro to remaining half of garlic butter, then spread on lobster
- add cheese on top of lobster
- put everything in oven at 180c for 8-10 minutes
And that’s it, a fairly simple way of preparing lobster. I’ve accidentally used Parmesan instead of mozzarella here so while tastes pretty good, it didn’t have that melted look that would have been better. Will have to try it again!