It’s been a while since the last recipe post, so for this 1,500th post on this blog, lets take a look at the lotus root soup recipe, one of the easiest, homey soup to prepare. This is the same lotus root soup you often get at steamed soup & clay pot chicken rice places.
ingredients: pork (or chicken), lotus root, dried red dates
This recipe is for 2-3 bowls of soup, increase/decrease everything to suit your need.
- one section of lotus root, shave off the skin
- 8-10 dried red dates
- 150 gram of pork (or bones, or chicken carcass)
- water, salt & pepper for seasoning
cut into slices and serve
- separately boil the pork for a minute or two to remove impurities
- have enough water in the pot to cover all ingredients, boil in slow heat for 1-2 hours
- retrieve lotus root, slice 1/2 cm thick
- add salt & pepper to taste
- ready to serve!