After almost a month of staying at home, the craving for curry finally prompted me to made one for myself. Initially I thought about using one of those pre-mix curry paste, but what’s the fun in that, right?
So here’s how you make curry chicken from scratch, a process that’s not exactly difficult, though it can be slightly more tedious than the usual simple recipes you see on this blog.
- 1/2 chicken, small, chopped to chunks
- 3 stalks lemongrass
- 4 red onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- curry leaf
- 1 box coconut milk
- chili paste (or you can blend fresh chili + dried chili too)
- 3-4 potato, parboiled (boil for around 10 mins, then remove skin)
- lemongrass, ginger, onion, garlic, chopped n blend
- fry with oil till fragrant, add cili paste
- add chicken to fry for a few mins
- add santan and simmer for half hour
- add parboiled potato for 5 mins
- decorate with mint.. Optional of course
To be perfectly honest, I was quite pleased with the result. The curry was thick, flavorful, and went really well with steamed rice. Try it yourself!