Steamed chicken is perhaps one of the easiest to prepare and even faster to cook dishes at home, especially if you have a pressure cooker. Today, I’m going to share my way of way of conjuring up this with only a few minutes of prep time and another 10 minutes of waiting while it cooks.
I use chicken thigh in this dish for its texture, you can easily use other parts of the poultry for the same recipe too. Most ingredients are replaceable, but I would suggest keeping ginger to ensure a slightly more “fresh” tasting result.
Anyway, here goes the recipe.
Ingredients (main dish):
- 2 chicken thigh with drumsticks (1/4 chicken, dark cut, skin on)
- 4-5 shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 1 inch of ginger, cut in strips
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoon soya sauce
- 2 teaspoon chicken cooking wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- a handful of cilantro
- 2-3 stalks of spring onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil (I use olive oil)
- a sprinkle of salt
- chopped everything finely and you’re done
- rub chicken with some salt, put everything in steaming dish except cilantro
- steam in pressure cooker for 10 minutes in high pressure (or 30 mins in normal steamer)
- top with cilantro and enjoy with steamed rice
The result is a dish you can prepare within 20 minutes, just about time the rice cooker takes to prepare that steamed rice to go with the chicken. There will also be some soup on the bottom of the dish resulting from the steaming process, the soup will taste a hint of chicken essence, simply marvelous. Try it!