We recently have an air fryer in the kitchen “temporarily”, and as a person who likes to cook, naturally I was eager to experiment a bit and see what are some of the things I can do with this gadget, the possibilities are endless, right?
Scouring ideas online brought me to take note of Cheese Up Your Pasta Campaign by Arla Malaysia and I thought, hey, why not, right? And thus I thought long and hard to come up with something unique yet easy, involving pasta & cheese…
I’m sharing a pasta recipe, but with a twist. I’m involving pasta, specifically macaroni, one of my favorite types of pasta, into another classic dish involving cheese – pizza. The result is Cheesy Pasta Pizza with Smoked Duck, a combo that includes the best of both worlds!
As with most things in life, what you put in is what you get at the end, so choosing quality ingredients is of utmost importance. This includes the flour you use, the meat, pasta, sauce, and of course, the cheese itself.
First, you can’t beat homemade pizza dough, and this is how to do it:
- 110 gram bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup warm water
Express proofing method:
- preheat oven to 180C
- mix all ingredients together into a ball
- turn off the oven
- place dough in a greased container & cover with cloth
- let proof in oven for half hour
- remove the dough & degas (punch it!) and proof for another half hour
Once done, remove, split into 2 balls & flatten with rolling pin, now your pizza base is ready. Alternatively, you can use a ready made pizza base like any newbie.
For the pizza itself here are the ingredients:
- Arla Mozzarella Cheese (as much as you need!)
- 7-8 slices of smoked duck breast
- a handful of macaroni (boil for 8 minutes)
- 3 tablespoon of tomato puree
- the pizza dough we prepared above
Do remember though, add enough salt when boiling macaroni to heighten the taste. When in doubt, add more salt, this is one of the 36 cooking tips to go by.
Pizza cooking with air fryer:
- place pizza dough in air fryer and bake 3 minutes at 200C
- open and apply tomato puree on the dough
- add a handful of Arla Mozzarella cheese
- add 3-4 pieces of smoked duck breast
- add a handful of macaroni
- add even more Arla Mozzarella cheese
- bake for another 7 minutes at 200C
- top up with some fresh basil
The result is a pretty awesome! Macaroni with smoked duck, on a pizza dough, and the cheesy goodness from those mozzarella. Whole thing took only some 12 minutes to make (if you’ve prepared the pizza dough in advanced). I think I’m going to explore a bit more with this!
If you’re wonder what’s the Cheese Up Your Pasta campaign all about, see the graphic above and get your hands in some of those RM 10,000 cash back. Good luck!