For some reasons, we sometimes end up with potato at the pantry without knowing what to do with them until they threaten to become a plant… so to prevent history repeating itself, I came up with a chicken dish that make use of potato.
Without much creativity, I call it Stewed Chicken with Potato & Fermented Tofu dish. Cos those are basically the ingredients you need (garlic doesn’t really count, right?).
The dish is quite easy to make, if not takes a little bit of time to stew it to perfection. Without further nonsense, let’s get to the point.
- 2 quarter chicken (leg part, you can use any other bits), cut into bite size
- 2 tablespoon fermented tofu
- 5-8 bulbs of garlic, crushed
- 1 potato, thin slices
- heat up clay pot with some cooking oil (1 tablespoon is enough)
- start searing chicken until all sides are brown
- add fermented tofu and keep stirring
- add potato slices
- add water until all ingredients covered
- low heat, simmer for 30 mins
Result is a pretty warm, homey type of chicken dish suitable to go with steamed rice with a condiment of cilipadi and soya sauce. Adding some onion will also work for this dish as well, try it.