It’s cooking season this whole year isn’t it?
Well, just the other week while trying to figure out what I want to do with the 1/4 piece of pumpkin in the fridge, I figured why don’t I come up with a recipe myself this time instead of hunting the web looking for what others have done. Growing up, mom never really featured pumpkin in the dining table much, so I had to actually come up with something somewhat novel, and I did – here I present to you – pumpkin omelette recipe, created by yours truly.
The dish is fairly easy to create, requiring simple ingredients and takes about 15 minutes or so to prepare and cook. Take a look at the video embedded below.
- 1/4 small pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 3 eggs, beat em up
- a bunch of cilantro, remove stems
- 4-5 bulb of garlic, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- cut pumpkin into bite size and steam them for 10 minutes
- once done, heat up frying pan with cooking oil
- fry garlic until fragrant, then add the steamed pumpkin
- next add egg, and cilantro
- add some salt & pepper if you wish
- fry till egg is about 80% cooked through, remove and serve
The result is a sweet and savory dish that turned out very delicious. Not sure if anyone else make it this way but do feel free to try it! I reckon you’ll be surprised 🙂