Several weeks ago, my brother shared this one “tiktok” recipe video via the family WhatsApp – steamed egg with prawns and tofu. Looks simple enough to execute, so I thought I’d give it a try.
The result turns out to be pretty good and I thought, certainly worth documenting here at least as my personal reference in the future.
The ingredients are simple, and consists pretty much of only 4 items, with one of them optional..
- 3 eggs
- a handful of shrimps
- 1 block soft tofu
- some mints (optional)
- equal part water (70 ml or so)
- salt & pepper to taste
- cut tofu into blocks and lay in container
- beat the eggs with equal part water, add salt & pepper to taste
- pour in container, then place shrimps on top
- cover with shrink wrap or aluminum foil & steam for 10 mins
- add mint on top
The result is a dish of comfort food suitable for anytime, with plenty of protein too!