While doing grocery yesterday, I spotted some big and juicy looking shellfish available, and immediately reminded myself of those delicious steamed lala in New Boston Restaurant, a dish that I missed in terms of taste, but not so much in terms of wait time..
So naturally, I decided to get me some of those lala and attempt to recreate the same dish at home. I think I came pretty close, so here’s the recipe to share with everyone.
- lala – soak them in salt water for at least 1/2 hour to reduce chances of hanging sand/mud
- ginger, julienne, as much as you want, old & hot= better
- garlic, half a bulb, chopped finely
- chili padi – chopped
- Chinese rice wine
- fry garlic with oil until golden, set aside
- steamed lala with ginger, cilipadi, and a couple tablespoon of Chinese rice wine
- steamed only until shellfish are opened, this only takes a couple minutes or so
- put fried garlic on top, add a bit of salt if preferred
- served while hot!
The result turns out pretty well, could perhaps improved with better quality of Chinese rice wine, but so long as the seafood is fresh, results won’t be disappointing. Try it!
Simple cooking video below.
View this post on Instagram