We’re well into second “proper MCO”, so I guess most of us here are back to tapao, delivery, and cooking, so I suppose it’s timely for me to go back to sharing some recipes again.
Today let’s look at one of the easiest meals you can make with a sous vide machine – duck breast. This is one dish that takes a couple hours but only perhaps 5 minutes hands-on cooking, with the result being rather satisfying and properly delicious, if you’re one who loves smoked duck.
- 1 smoked duck breast (or normal duck breast, seasoned well with salt)
- some aromatics (optional – dill, rosemary)
- a side dish – asparagus in this case, with some garlic
- sous vide duck breast in vacuum bag with aromatics for 2 hours at 57 Celsius
- remove, pad dry, and sear skin down until crispy (2-3 minutes)
- use the duck fat reduced from searing to cook asparagus (2-3 minutes)
- slice up duck breast (after we’ve let it rest for 3-5 minutes) and serve!
I always try to have some frozen duck breast in the fridge handy for this dish, it’s super easy to prepare and takes the headache of “what to eat” away. Invest in a sous vide machine especially if you love to eat meat, it’s worth it!