Yet another day of cooking at home, and today let’s look at one of my childhood favorites – salted vege soup with tofu and pork slices, one of the simplest traditional Chinese soup to prepare, and yet wholesome and fit for those rainy days.
- salted vege (I used pickled mustard green, you can use others too)
- soft tofu
- pork slices
- soak salted vege for 30 minutes in water, remove after
- boil salted vege, tomato, and pork slices in low heat for at least 30 minutes
- add tofu in the last minute or two
- season with salt (if it’s still not salty enough) and pepper
Now isn’t that simple?
For more of my kitchen creations, check out my recipes here.