I’ve always enjoyed some good old fashion herbal soup, and since we’re in this corona virus lock down period (yes, many years later we’ll all still remember this wonderful Q2 of 2020..), going to Keong Kee at Pudu is out of the question, so home cooked it is then!
I got the inspiration of making this herbal coconut chicken soup off an insta story post ofÂ someone I followed (sadly can’t remember who). Recipe turns out to be rather simple and straight forward, here goes.
- one coconut (you can get this from grocery store)
- a few small pieces of chicken
- a small chunk of ginger
- goji berries
- solomon’s seal (or other herbs)
- salt and pepper to taste
- empty out the coconut and put all ingredients within
- add back coconut juice (or water if you’ve already drank the juice like I did)
- double boil (steaming essentially) for 2-2.5 hours on low heat
- alternatively, pressure cooked for 20-25 minutes
- salt to taste andÂ ready to serve!\
It was a surprisingly easy to prepare meal, and definitely something that I will do again. Now maybe I need a coconut tree…
Check out moreÂ simple recipe here.