One of my favorite canned food is the stewed canned pork. It is basically savory heaven contained within a can that can be unleashed upon in the kitchen at your convenience throughout the clock. If I had to build a nuclear bunker, this will definitely be one of the stocked up item for me.
Today, I’m going to share with you one of the easiest ways to make use of this godsend ingredient – by making canned stew pork with potato dish that goes very well with steamed rice.
cooking potato with canned pork
- one canned stew pork (big)
- 3 potatoes, cut in 1/2 cm thick slices
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon dark soya sauce (optional)
potato with stewed pork
- boil the potato until soft
- heat up cooking oil and fry garlic until fragrant
- add canned pork, add potato
- add dark soya sauce (optional)
- mix well and serve while hot
This dish can be prepared in less than 20 minutes, super simple and positively delicious. Give it a try if you like some of those homey cholesterol laden taste.