I remember IKEA from years back when it was at 1-Utama, a smallish outfit with too many furnitures displayed in whatever floor space they have. In fact, I used to have a bit of fire hazard phobia when I was there.
Then they moved to the new store at Mutiara Damansara some years back and furniture shopping in Malaysia was never the same again. IKEA easily occupies more space than your average shopping malls, and they pretty much sell every type of furniture you need, and some you don’t need but desperately want. Every time I go there, I end up buying something, can’t be sure if that’s a good thing…
Now to hide and seek, I’ve played plenty of unintentional hide and seek games in IKEA over crowded weekends, as I’m sure many of you too. But now, IKEA came up with an online hide & seek contest that does not involve missing person but kitchen items instead.
If you’re the best player of the week, you walk away with RM 500 IKEA vouchers, contest runs from 8 – 28 Nov, 3 weeks in total.
The dynamics are simple – load the flash game from ikea.com.my/kitchen
- a photo of IKEA kitchen shows up, and 10 images of various IKEA kitchen items will flash through, remember them.
- next, click on the location of those kitchen items when requested
- fastest time wins! (I managed 1 minute on my 1st try, miserable)
- Best part is you can play as many times as you wish and it will only take your best score for that week
Well, that is the game dynamics for the first week, there’ll be new challenge every week for three weeks, so keep trying!
Some other promotions I wished they had when I was renovating the house:
- RM 30 voucher for every RM 300 spent on new kitchen
- RM2,599 for a set of hood, hob and oven from FAGOR (this is a great deal, grrr!)
The one thing I really liked about IKEA kitchen is the various accessories that you can add on to the whole system. Little gadgets to put various kitchen utensils, little compartments to put various size of bowl/plates, hooks for hanging cloths, etc etc…. ok I better stop thinking too much, already feel like an urge to go jalan jalan at IKEA again.
By the way good luck with the game!