I actually got the idea to make this dish from the “tai chau” place near one of the badminton halls I frequent. It tasted so good the first time I had it, we ended up ordering a second plate of the same thing. So when I decided to make a vegetable dish for lunch, it was just natural that I had to try to reproduce this french beans with dried shrimp (虾米玉豆). With this KY’s recipe, you can make it too!
this stuff was really good
- French beans
- dried shrimps
- cili padi
- mince the dried shrimps and cili padi together and chopped some garlic separately
- heat the frying pan with cooking oil and start frying the chopped garlic
- add minced dried shrimps and cili padi after 20 seconds
- fry the mixture till golden brown, then add French beans
- add a sprinkle of salt to taste, fry the beans over high heat for a minute or two
- ready to serve!
very simple ingredients and preparation method
This is my very first trial in making this dish, and I must say it didn’t turn out bad at all. I had a little too much dried shrimp going on, and definitely way too much cili padi. However, the taste was still very good, crunchy and fresh tasting beans contrasting with the flavor of minced dried shrimp and the hotness of cili padi, a great combination. Try it yourself!