Today I want to share a very simple recipe, and with an ingredient that you can probably plant on your garden, or even in a pot on your balcony at home – basil!
Remember the home made ghetto sous vide solution? Well, we made more beef from the session than we can eat and kept them in fridge, so the natural thing to do for the next day was to use it to cook something instead of having cold steak, enter fried beef with basil.
beef with basil recipe
- 2 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 200 gram beef – thinly sliced (raw beef is fine too)
- one bunch of basil leaves
- 1/2 bulb of garlic, chopped
- chili padi (optional)
3 types of greens from this pic were from our garden
- heat up cooking oil and fry garlic till fragrant
- throw beef and basil, stir, and then all other ingredients, stir for a couple minutes
- the end
This is literally one of the simplest recipes, tastes great and goes really well with steamed rice. Have fun cooking, and get started on growing some of your own food! In the picture above, the radish, long bean, and basil were from our garden.