Simple meal for two of bacon fried rice and red spinach soup. This is something that I cooked up last night because bacon was calling my name, and at the same time I wanted to fix something real quick instead of making elaborate dinners.
a complete meal – bacon fried rice and red spinach soup
Total preparation and cooking time is about an hour, but that is because you need more than half that time to boil the chicken bones (for soup) and making rice in the first place. Actual active cooking takes place in less than 20 minutes.
The result is a satisfying meal that has has all your essential dietary needs (I think). There’s meat, egg, vegetable, soup, and rice. As an Asian, that’s all I need.
bacon is the key ingredient here, obviously
Recipe for two plates of bacon fried rice, ingredients:
- streaky bacon (150-200 grams), cut them in squares
- half a bulb of garlic, chop em up
- 2 eggs
- rice for two person (I cooked 1.5 cups)
- chili padi (optional)
- 1 table spoon of dark soya sauce
- 2 stalks of spring onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- minimal cooking oil
open up the rice and crack a couple eggs in there, stir
- heat up a table spoon of cooking oil (you don’t need much since bacon will release more oil)
- fry bacon, garlic, and chili padi at the same time till bacon is cooked and garlic is fragrant
- add rice, dark soya sauce, stir
- after 3-4 minutes, open up the fried rice at center, add half a spoon of oil and crack the two eggs into it
- let the egg cooked for a bit before stirring it with fried rice for another 3-4 minutes
- add spring onion, salt & pepper and keep stirring for another minute or two
- serve while hot
the red spinach soup is real simple to prepare
Ingredients and instructions:
- wash red spinach with plenty of water and pluck off the stems
- boil 3 bowls of water with chicken bones, wolf berries optional (you might want to pre-boil once to remove impurities, I use chicken bones from chicken chop cut)
- I boil it while rice is cooking, that took about 45 minutes
- add red spinach, keep boiling for another 15 minutes (while frying rice)
- add salt and a bit of pepper and it’s ready to be served
Do check out other recipes if these are thing stuff you like to eat, they are usually pretty simple to prepare. Good eating!