Padlocks, an essentials in our day to day life, has been around for a long time. In fact, padlocks were used in Roman Era as well as Han Dynasty close to 2000 years ago. To many of us, it symbolizes protection and safety.
Pont des Arts at Paris, and Penang Hill love locks
Since 2008, padlocks engraved with names of love ones were attached on Pont des Arts bridge in Paris with the keys thrown as a symbol of love and commitment. Up north here in Malaysia, we have the same practice found on the top of Penang Hill as well.
Zurich Love Lock Structure outside Fahrenheit 88
For those of us who are in Klang Valley, Zurich installed a love structure right in the heart of KL for us to do the same. The structure is located right in front of Uniqlo at Fahrenheit 88, you can’t miss it.
put your love lock on the structure
Now instead of showing care and love between partners, the #ProtectTrueLove structure, as it is called, represents everything you truly love, this can be everything and everyone you love, be it your newborn, your parents, siblings, a car, your pet, anything.
I got cendawan’s name on the padlock up there, try to find it if you are there putting on your own locks!
the virtual love lock at
In conjunction with the installation of the structure, Zurich also came up with a digital platform for you to share your stories about love ones on protecttruelove.com . Even better, this is actually a contest with prizes to be won.
The mechanic is simple:
- Visit protecttruelove.com
- Customise virtual locks by inserting two names and a date.
- Upload up to 3 photos of their loved ones & write a short description (not more than 1,000 characters) on what #ProtectTrueLove means.
- Fill in personal information & submit contest entry.
Check out the example below shared by one of the participants on her relationship with mom, heart warming.
what does ProtectTrueLove means to you?
Best of all, there are following prizes to be won:
- Grand Prize: Travel Voucher Worth RM5,000.00
- Second Prize: iPhone 6s X 2 (RM3,200.00 each)
- Third Prize: RM500 Cash X 10
- Consolation Prize: Zurich Merchandises X 100
So head to protecttruelove.com now to share your stories, and don’t forget to check out the structure as well!