This is the progression of mobile devices in the our pockets (or handbag/man bag) over the one decade or so. The example isn’t far fetched at all especially if you are a gadget freak.
- digital organizer
- digital organizer + camera
- mobile phone + camera
- mobile phone + mp3 players + camera
- mobile phone + camera + mp3 players
- camera phone with mp3 player and email
- camera phone with mp3 player + tablet
- and now… the ultimate all in one – Samsung Galaxy Note
Just the other day when I went on facebook, the screen shot above was the status update from my little brother. He made the move and got himself a Samsung Galaxy Note.
Now it says “new phone”, this little device has a lot more to offer than just mobile phone functions, lets see some specs:
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 1.4 Ghz dual-core processor
- 800 x 1280 pixels, 5.3 inches Super AMOLED screen (that’s as high res as most laptops!)
- 16GB/32GB storage, with 1 GB RAM
- 8 MP camera with LED flash and autofocus, with a 2 MP front camera
- S Pen Stylus
we checked out Samsung Galaxy Note at Sungei Wang
At first I thought the 5.3″ screen might make this phone a little too big for the pocket, so when my colleague Sheng and I saw the Samsung booth displaying the phone during one of our lunch breaks, we took a little test run on the device.
It actually fits into the shirt pocket.
The features are pretty neat too, I use an Android phone right now, but the Galaxy Note has the advantage of the screen and offers features not found in other devices. The calendar function itself already looked so much more gorgeous by taking advantage of the screen size.
The best part is, Samsung Galaxy Note is now available with the nation’s widest network coverage in Celcom from as low as RM 1,368. With an all-in-one gadget like that, you will surely want to take advantage of its online capability – viewing webpages in its full glory (not just limited to mobile versions), streaming videos, online games, etc.
So do find out more about Samsung Galaxy Note at http://www.celcom.com.my/smartphones.
Tempting, very tempting!