The soup was so good that when we came home, Haze and I tried to re-create the same dish at home, and I think she got it pretty close. Here’s the resulting soup that is somewhat healthy, simple to make, and may I say, quite delicious.
Thai Minced Pork Cucumber Soup
- big fresh cucumber
- fish sauce (or salt)
- white pepper
- minced meat (300 gram or enough for stuffing)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
ingredients are simple, we use fresh cucumber
- While heating up 3 bowls of water, remove cucumber skin, cut in halves, then into bite size, remove the seeds
- mix minced meat with generous amount of pepper, a teaspoon of fish sauce (or a dash of salt), and a teaspoon of sesame oil
- apply minced meat on cucumber where the seeds used to be (you can 1/2 teaspoon of corn starch to make the mixture more sticky)
- carefully put the cucumber into boiling water with meat side on top
- boil for 15-20 minutes or until cucumber is soft
- serve while hot
minced meat and cucumber is a great combination
This soup usually comes with tong fun (glass noodle) so if you wanna add that, do go ahead. For even more flavorful soup base, feel free to add chicken/pork bones too.