When I was still updating the automotive site, I wrote a post on the Peugeot 206 that somehow garnered almost 1300 comments. That was 3.5 years ago, the 206 proved to be a pretty awesome car that isn’t only looking good on the outside, but at the same time a rather reliable machine too.
Kerol drives one to work on daily basis, and it has so far proved to be a good piece of machine.
the new Peugeot 207
With renewed emphasis in the local market, Peugeot is launching the new 207 (very soon!) here in Malaysia.
The 207 will be an ASEAN production and hence priced competitively in this segment. The Peugeot Malaysia website has a bit of a teaser on this car with the following details:
- 3 year 100,000 km warranty
- dual SRS (airbag)
- sensor activated headlights & wiper
- ABS, EBD & EBA (anti lock braking, electronic brake-force distribution, electronic brake assistance)
- mp3/wma player with bluetooth & USB + 6 speakers
- 16 valves engine with tiptronic & sports mode transmission
- 15″ interlagos alloy wheels
There’s no details on engine capacity yet but I’d guess it’s most probably a 1.6. If you think a 4 door sedan is docile, check out the above video on what the Peugeot 207 can do.
Can’t wait for the pricing information to be released!