Category / Meme
Suanie said that I’ll hate her for passing me this stupid school meme, but how do you hate a suan? A display of her mightly prowess in feeding would leave you in awe and admiration, like an echantment… anyway, lets get this on.
How many schools did I go to?
SRJK (C) Hun Bin (not Huai Bin) for primary education, Chung Ling High School till form 5, then a combination of Inti, KDU, Bemidji State, and lastly, St. Cloud State Unviersity in Minnnesota. That’s not counting the 2 kindergardens I went to, I can’t recall their names to save my life. So the answer is 8.
Was I the studious nerd, or the last minute hero?
I was pretty decent in primary school, a bit of a defiant adolescent in high school. Study wasn’t exactly my top priority. I did become something in between a study nerd and a last minute hero in during tertiary education, study only a day or two before exams, but sitting in the front row and never miss any class.
Was I the class ‘taiko’ or the teacher’s pet?
A bit of a mix, dependent on the teacher. However, I was almost always a part of the group who entertains the class, for whatever that’s worth.
What was the biggest rule I broke in school?
I took a dump in the teacher’s toilet, my god, it was clean!
Three subjects I enjoyed.
At St. Cloud, it was Genetic Algorithm & Genetic Programming. Using the concept of evolution to attain a near optimal solution to difficult programming problems, that’s basically the gist of it. It was taught by 2 excellent professors covering the 2 related subjects.
Socialogy at Inti College. I didn’t expect this seemingly boring class to turn out to be rather interesting. Group think, the
Harvard Stanford Prison experiment, those were some interesting things to learn.
Technical Drawing at Inti. You get dismissed as soon as you finish the drawing. I am always the first one to get done, getting out of the 2 hour class in less than half an hour. Man, I was good in it. A bummer I didn’t get to go for Architecture or Civil Engineering.
Three teachers that inspired me.
Dr. Annette Schoenberger at St. Cloud State, one of the best teachers I’ve ever had. I was lucky to be in two of her classes, she even baked us pizzas and always put little stickers on top scoring papers. Always friendly, in control, and know her stuff very well.
Winona LaDuke at Bemidji State. She was one of the professors and lecturers that was in the environmental study class. An environmental activist, once a running mate of Ralf Nader of the Green Party, author of several books, and a teacher that inspired everyone of us. The wikipedia link will tell you more about her. It was an experience of a life time to be one of her students.
Lastly, that South Asian professor I had in St. Cloud. One who drove a beat up, hail damaged, yellow 1 seater (the other seat was filled with junks) RX7 FD and can’t teach worth of nuts. He inspired me to not be like him at all.
And I’m tagging…
Everyone on my link who’s interested in this. blah.
OK, suanie‘s reverse psychology works, I am going to do this meme thing, grrr. For all you noobs out there, the word meme was first introduced by Richard Dawkins, an awesome evolutionary biologist.
Meme is the replicator of ideas and believes, or, a cultural unit. Read “The Selfish Gene” by the same author, if there’s only one Popular Science book you’ll ever read, read it, and not “The Fabric of the Cosmos” by Brian Green that I’m reading now, cos it’s difficult to digest, and I tend to fall asleep every few minutes. Makes an excellent insomnia killer tho!
Alrighty, lets get the meme thing going..
Seven things you plan to do before you die:
- Attend most of my friend’s funeral, hee-hee
- Attend the “Greet the 22nd century Count Down”
- Travel to Nepal, and many other places
- Buy a TV
- Buy a washing machine
- Make sure the water of my koi pond not green
- Build a bigger koi pond
Seven things I could do:
- Get a haircut
- Wash the car
- Whore my blog more
- Wake up a little earlier everyday
- Shave my legs, kidding, kidding.
- Eat more awesome food
- Not cave in to Suanie’s reverse psychology, goddamn
Seven celebrity crushes:
- So many porn stars.. I can’t just choose 7, it’ll be unfair, I’m skipping this.
Seven often repeated words:
Seven physical traits I look for in the opposite sex:
heh, I don’t really concentrate that much in physical traits, female I dated are as different as they come physical wise. I’m gonna answer however I want anyway, which is not just physical.
- knows how to laugh at my jokes
- cannot answer my riddles, hence give me entertainment too
- allows me to hamsup her
- will go to KLCC Aquaria with me
- lighter than me
- trust, it’s all about trust
Seven tags to go:
Just cos I can half expect that these people read this post. hee-hee.
Got this from suan, so here goes.
1. If you had to power to bring world peace, what and how would you do it?
A: Question is a little flawed, if I have the power, then the how would be automatically answered. The what would be world peace, what else?
Anyhow, As yet, nobody has the mystical power to bring world peace, the fastest and probably best option is sadly, through war and total domination of the entire world. However, I don’t really believe in starting a fight to end one. Hence the way I would do it is the Martin Luther King Jr’s way.
2. What would you do if you discovered that you are HIV positive?
A: Immediately whack Hwa Chai. My last sexual experience was probably him screwing me when I was drunk at the party. (he screwed every guy, just check out this photo!)
3. How would you react if the woman you are making out asks you to go down on her and you whiffed something suspicious?
A: Fish has a variety of smell, I try to get used to it.
4. Marvin or Bender? Why?
A: Marvin reminds me of Suan, Bender reminds me of Fuckstress.. I can’t choose. Don’t force me!
5. Why 42?
A: Because it’s the ultimate answer!
Same thing again from Fuckstress
1. if u were an animal what would u be? why?
A: a male bunny of course, we all know what bunnies do all day.
2. if u were a woman for a day what would u do?
A: I would hope it’s a ladies’ night so I can go party for free for once! Get pick up by a dude, follow him home, and get entertained by the horror of his face at 12 midnight when I turn back to being a man again.
3. if u could go back into your past, would u change anything? what? why?
A: I would talk to my dad more. We used to talk all day.
4. wat are u going to be when ur 40
A: I would throw a party on my 40th birthday and all of you are going to come! I hope fuckstress can still dance the way she does now, a bit worried about her knees.
5. Do you believe in a religion? Why/Why not?
A: No, I respect them but find no “answers” to life, the universe, and everything that physics, chemistry and biology could not convincingly answer.
The Official Interview Game Rules (copied to be passed on)
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying “interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions – each person’s will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
|| You scored as Satanism. Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Satanism! Before you scream, do a bit of research on it. To be a Satanist, you don’t actually have to believe in Satan. Satanism generally focuses upon the spiritual advancement of the self, rather than upon submission to a deity or a set of moral codes. Do some research if you immediately think of the satanic cult stereotype. Your beliefs may also resemble those of earth-based religions such as paganism.
Which religion is the right one for you? (new version)
created with QuizFarm.com
I think they misspelled NO RELIGION. That’s pretty much where I stand. Then again, the cute little telitubbie like icon is just cute.
Will post something about Vietnam once I feel like it.
Thanks again for everyone who came to the party, these people wrote something about the party too: ST, Kim, FA, Goh, Joanne, H2S, Chan, jacko, and thaiboxingirl
I was passed the stick from my whiteboy Shaolintiger..
1. What is the total amount of music files on your computer?
Less than 2000 songs
2. The CD you last bought?
Last I bought was a bunch of them via one of those 12 CDs for $1 scheme while I was still in the States. There were some Radioheads and Counting Crows.
3. What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?
Last night, some japs in anime, no idea of the name. Clean anime too!
4. Write down five songs that you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.
1. Radiohead – Creep
If you are a geeky shy boy lacking self confidence, it relates. Fortunately not as much now.
2. Better than Ezra – Good
Makes me think of her
3. Dave Matthews Band – Crush
My original buaya song
4. Beyond – kaung1 hui1 sui4 yue4 (Glorious Past)
Beautiful lyrics about slavery.
Exerpt (my screwed up translation) : the beauty of rainbow lies in the inseperation of its colors
5. Softcell – Tainted Love
Memory of college ice hockey game atmosphere, there was once we went to another university (U of Minnesota at Duluth). The visiting fans from my school finished the whole song and stunned the home crowd. Ahh.. the chemistry
6. (bonus track) DotA victory song
Meaning I’ve won the game!
5. Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
1. Sheryl – Wonder what she feels about my #2 choice
2. Terence – Not the most normal person, I wonder about his taste in music
3. FireAngel – The original ranter, does she listen to music or her ranting overwhelms all sound?
p/s: been working on a drawing for the next post, hold your breath!