Prawns used to be a luxury for me, I mean, it is still a luxury, but it used to be as well. It is a good day whenever I get to eat some good prawns, and when there’s an entire kilo of the freshest prawns to be had, well, that just pretty much guaranteed a great week!
Anyway, enough nonsense. Today I want to share with you the simplest way to prepare prawns in your kitchen, and one that is most perfect when you have them super fresh. In my case, they were delivered alive, just like how you’d have them in certain fancy seafood restaurants.
Here’s the recipe.
- fresh prawns
- ginger, 2-3 inches, sliced
- scallion, cut into 2 inches, thin sliced
- soya sauce and shaoxing wine for condiment
- place prawns in a stainless steel plate
- steam in high heat for 10 mins with scallion and ginger on top
- mix 2 part shaoxing wine & 1 part soya sauce as condiment
It is really the simplest of recipe, and that’s how they usually serve fresh prawns in seafood restaurants in Kota Kinabalu (such as Welcome restaurant), try it to believe it!