It’s cooking season this whole year isn’t it?

Well, just the other week while trying to figure out what I want to do with the 1/4 piece of pumpkin in the fridge, I figured why don’t I come up with a recipe myself this time instead of hunting the web looking for what others have done. Growing up, mom never really featured pumpkin in the dining table much, so I had to actually come up with something somewhat novel, and I did – here I present to you – pumpkin omelette recipe, created by yours truly.

ingredients - pumpkin, eggs, garlic, cilantro
ingredients – pumpkin, eggs, garlic, cilantro

The dish is fairly easy to create, requiring simple ingredients and takes about 15 minutes or so to prepare and cook. Take a look at the video embedded below.

Ingredients:

• 1/4 small pumpkin, cut into chunks
  • 3 eggs, beat em up
  • a bunch of cilantro, remove stems
  • 4-5 bulb of garlic, chopped
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoon cooking oil

Cooking Instructions:

• cut pumpkin into bite size and steam them for 10 minutes
  • once done, heat up frying pan with cooking oil
  • fry garlic until fragrant, then add the steamed pumpkin
  • next add egg, and cilantro
  • add some salt & pepper if you wish
  • fry till egg is about 80% cooked through, remove and serve

sweet and savory egg dish
sweet and savory egg dish

The result is a sweet and savory dish that turned out very delicious. Not sure if anyone else make it this way but do feel free to try it! I reckon you’ll be surprised ūüôā

KY cooks – Pumpkin Omlette Recipe
Tagged on:

8 thoughts on “KY cooks – Pumpkin Omlette Recipe

• August 16, 2021 at 1:26 pm

That’s good, a new way of serving pumpkin. Never had it like this before.

• August 16, 2021 at 4:56 pm

suituapui: yesss, cos I sorta came up with it. lol.

• August 17, 2021 at 7:03 am

You cook very well. I have been watching you for a while. I am from Penang but have been a US citizen for a long time. The next time I come to Penang, would love to visit you and talk about cooking. I am a retired chef residing in Dallas Texas. I have opened a few restuarants over the years. It may be a year or two before I am back over there because of the virus.

• August 21, 2021 at 5:33 pm

Chong: Haha I’m in KL but from Penang too, hopefully we have that chance.

• August 17, 2021 at 11:45 pm

This is certainly an original recipe…lol..never had pumpkin cooked with egg before. By the way, was that cilantro (coriander or yin sai, right?) you used or was it daun sup? I like coriander but not daun sup.

• August 21, 2021 at 5:33 pm

eatwhateatwhere: hahaa yah original, you can put any greens you want!

• August 18, 2021 at 11:31 am

Seem like any ingredients can be added into omelet, when really out of idea what to cook, LOL
    For me, I’ll slightly modify your recipe by slicing the pumpkin and pan fry it, more a more fragrant finish.

• August 21, 2021 at 5:36 pm

Choi Yen: haha yes, you can basically try anything! Maybe even durian!