The days of cooking at home continues, and for someone like me who grew up on an island, fish is always a very familiar ingredient on the table, and when you have fresh seafood, the best way to prepare them is almost always by steaming.
Today’s recipe involves a block of fresh garupa fish filet from one of the local grocery stores, and instead of just normal steaming, I’m adding a bit of a twist – with BRAND’S Essence of Chicken.
I actually got the inspiration from this dish slightly more than ten years ago at Yap Yin & BKT restaurant in Seri Kembangan with their steamed haruan fish dish. The recreation for today is slightly different and simplified. Without further ado, here we go
- 1 block fresh garupa fish filet
- 1 bottle BRAND’S Essence of Chicken
- 1 inch ginger, sliced
- 1/2 glove garlic, diced
- some wolfberries
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- salt to taste
- clean and dry fish, salt it lightly
- placed ginger both above and under fish in steaming bowl
- pour BRAND’S Essence of Chicken + soya sauce
- steamed for 10-12 minutes (depending of fish thickness)
- separately fry garlic till golden brown
- use garlic & spring onion as garnish, serve while hot
The result is a dish that’s also full of nutrient and also yummy to eat. Try it!
Check out more simple recipe here.