Another day, another fried rice recipe, and this time it is one of my favorites – bacon fried rice.
I usually do this a day after making myself “continental breakfast” which used up 1/2 a pack of a small pack of bacon, the leftover is just perfect for a single portion of fried rice.
Ingredients (1 portion):
- 3-4 stripes of bacon
- 1 egg
- garlic, 1 clove, chopped
- leek, 1 stalk, cut finely (you can also use spring onion)
- cilipadi, chopped (optional)
- some mushroom, sliced
- cooking oil, 1 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- salt, pepper, soya sauce to taste
- heat up wok, fry bacon till they start to get crispy, oil not needed
- use remaining oil from bacon, scramble eggs to 70% cooked, set aside
- heat up some cooking oil if none left, fry garlic, then leek, mushroom, cilipadi
- add rice, add dark soya sauce, add some salt & pepper (less salt since bacon is already salty)
- add bacon & egg, stir till you’re satisfied
- ready to serve!
A simple meal for one, you can also replace bacon with luncheon meat or any other meat to be honest, but bacon is of course, most superior. Enjoy!
Check out more simple recipe here.