Hello, guess it’s time to share another one of our experimental recipes, this time – fried pumpkin with salted egg yolk.
We originally stumbled upon this dish at a restaurant in Klang, and since it was quite an eye, or taste bud opener, I decided to re-create the same thing in our own kitchen. The result was pretty decent. So if you want to try something perhaps a little different at home, this recipe should fit the bill.
Ingredients (2-3 pax):
- half a small pumpkin
- 1 salted egg yolk (2 shown is pic, overkill)
- 4-5 chili padi
- curry leaves
- half cup flour
- dash of salt to taste
- enough cooking oil for deep frying
- cut pumpkin into bite size slices and coat them in flour
- heat up oil & deep fry pumpkin till golden brown
- crush salted egg yolk with a spoon
- heat up 2 spoon of cooking oil and fry egg yolk till fragrant
- add pumpkin, then curry leaves & chili padi
- add salt to taste (if need to) – done!
The version in the picture has a bit too much cooking oil to it, so with a little less oil it should be perfect, happy cooking!