Following the previous recipe on soya chicken dish made with Angel soya sauce and Angel Oyster sauce. I thought of trying out a recipe with their Sriracha hot chili sauce. I was browsing reddit just happened to came upon an entry on GifRecipes featuring roast chicken that uses sriracha sauce as seasoning, so I thought, why not try something similar?
So here is my roast chicken with Angel Sriracha hot chili sauce recipe.
- 4-5 tablespoon of Angel Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 3 tablespoon equal portion of brown sugar
- 2 chicken quarter (leg part)
- 1 bulb of garlic (dice)
- 2 red onion
- 100 gram shiitake mushroom (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoon of butter
- 1 potato
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 slice of pumpkin
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
Cooking instructions (side):
- cut the root vegetables into cubes and put in baking pan
- add olive oil, salt, and pepper
- heat up oven to 200 Celsius and bake for 35 mins
It’s good to start this first and put it in oven, take the additional 15 mins or so to prepare for the main dish and have everything in the oven done at the same time since the chicken will take some 20 minutes in the oven.
Cooking instructions (main dish):
- heat up frying pan with butter
- pan fry the chicken on all sides till skin is slightly brown, remove to oven pan
- next, fry garlic, onion, capsicum, and mushroom
- arrange everything in the oven pan
- mix Angel sriracha hot chili sauce with brown sugar, carefully use the sauce to cover chicken
- place everything in oven for 18-20 minutes at 200 Celsius
Mix all up in a plate and serve!
I found that Angel Sriracha hot chili sauce is probably slightly spicier than those I’ve had before, and that suits me just fine. With brown sugar and oven heat treatment, the sauce gave the roast chicken skin a pretty sweet and spicy note which compliments the meat very well. There’s no condiments on the side necessary at all for this dish. I’m glad that it worked out pretty well.
You can always modify the side dishes a little to suit your need for this dish, give it a try!
For more about the sauce, check out www.bidorkwongheng.com