Here’s a simple mushroom chicken with oyster sauce recipe that allows you to whip up a comfort dish within 15 minutes or so. Ingredients are pretty simple and straight forward, so is the cooking method, do disregard the cooking wine if you want to have it the halal way.
Ingredients (fit for 2 pax):
- 3 tablespoon oyster sauce, 3 tablespoon cooking wine, mix in bowl
- 1 inch ginger, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion, quartered
- a handful of mushroom
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- heat up cooking oil and fry garlic & ginger till fragrant
- add chicken and fry till surface is brown (a couple minutes usually)
- add rest of the ingredients, stir fry
- cover up for steaming action for 4-5 minutes
- serve when hot!
This is a pretty simple recipe, and you can also substitute chicken with other white meat as well. I’d usually have this with some chili padi and soya sauce, but whatever rocks your boat!