While we’ve been cooking more at the new house, I’ve been somewhat neglecting updates on writing about the food we’ve been cooking. Well, here’s one that I made several weeks back that should be easy for anyone who knows how to light the stove – a simple mushroom and prawn fried rice dish.
home cooked mushroom and prawn fried rice
- 1.5 cups of rice (cooked & cooled)
- 6-8 medium prawn, peeled
- 2 eggs
- half a yellow onion, chopped
- a handful of mushroom, sliced
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- half a clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon soya sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- chili & some basil (optional)
fry the ingredients one by one, and eggs last
- prepare all ingredients and place on the side
- heat 2 tablespoon cooking oil and fry garlic and onion till it starts to fragrant
- add mushroom, then prawns a minute later
- add rice once prawns starts to cook, stir and add sauces
- part the rice in the center, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, then add eggs
- stir everything till egg is cooked
- add greens on top and viola, you have a plate of awesome fried rice!
This is a complete meal in a dish, add sambal for extra kick.