The most famous instant noodle in town, MyKuali Penang White Curry Mee, has been widely praised as one of the bests. Authentic Penang flavor with that aromatic sambal paste right in your kitchen within a few minutes, it’s about as good as it gets, or is it?
the ingredients, with Penang White Curry mee
When it comes to cooking, I always like to experiment. So when I started to get a little bored with the standard way of cooking the MyKuali White Curry Mee, I improvised, and came up with this fried MyKuali Penang White Curry mee. The result turned out to be pretty good!
Here’s the recipe.
first, fry some chopped garlic and perhaps onion or shallots too
Ingredients (for 2):
- 2 packs standard MyKuali Penang White Curry Mee
- 1-2 bulb garlic and some shallots or onion, skinned and sliced
- 3-4 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 8 crab sticks (or otherseafood of your choice)
use some hot water to stir the accompanying chilli paste and santan
- heat up cooking oil and fry garlic to golden brown, remove and put aside
- fry shallot/onion to golden brown, remove and put aside
- at the same time, boil the noodle for 3 minutes
- use 2 tablespoon hot water (from boiling noodle) and mix up the seasoning and sambal from MyKuali packets
- fry crabstick/seafood, remove and put aside
- when noodle is done, remove from pot and start frying in the pan with oil
- add the premixed seasoning (I only use about 70%)
- add eggs and continue to fry till eggs are cooked
- served with the fried garlic, shallots, and crab sticks
boil the noodle first before frying with “rempah” and egg
Yeap, this does take quite a bit more effort than your usual 3 minute work for coming up with a bowl of instant noodle, but unlike Indomie or Maggie goreng, you can’t get this at your friendly local Mamak restaurant, and dare I say, it tastes a whole lot more awesome as well.
Try it and let me know if you like it!
Fried MyKuali Penang White Curry Mee with Crab Sticks
For more simple recipes, check out my Cooking section.