A couple weeks ago I attended an event that has a slightly different twist to it.
Instead of promoting a certain product or service, PHILIPS introduced us to something with a tittle Innovation That Matters to You.
Philips Meaningful Innovation event at BSC
Now this has nothing to do with any cookware, lights, or electrical products from Philips at all. It is a call-to-action campaign that reflects the company’s commitment to improve the quality of life with innovative ideas that matters to the people. People like you and me.
To best illustrate what this project is about, check out this short youtube video below:
Philips believe that if we come together and contribute ideas and solutions that contribute to produce solutions for better living, good things will happen. But ideas can mean so many things, so they’ve narrowed it down to two distinct guidelines:
- Create healthier homes for you and your family
- Create safer roads and safer cities
Keywords being healthier and safer. Also, ideas that benefit a bigger population and with sustainability would be better than the one and done or something that benefits only a small group of people.
Listen, Co-Create, Deliver
The way to achieve this is a pretty straight forward 4-part process:
- Contribute your idea for healthier homes and safer cities.
- Six Ideas will be shortlisted by the Innovation that Matters to You campaign experts.
- Take the initiative to share your favourite idea with others to garner support.
- One winning idea, as voted by you, a Malaysian, will be implemented by Philips.
So basically we come up with the ideas, 6 will be shortlisted, and then the highest voted ideas will be implemented by Philips to benefit us. I think this is definitely CSR done right.
One of the past ideas that was chosen and implemented by Philips was the installation of LED lights on bus stops to improve safety of those who utilizes public transport at night.
From now until the 14th of November, 2013. Log into http://philips.to/innovationMY and submit your ideas on how to address issues in either one of the two categories.
Should your idea gets voted to the top, it’ll be implemented by Philips and benefits the masses. Furthermore, there’s also a chance to win prizes up to RM 5,000.
- The Grand Prize – 1 unit of Philips Viva Collection Airfryer and 1 unit of Philips Viva Collection ME Computerized Electric Pressure Cooker
- Consolation Prizes – 1 unit of Philips Living Colors Bloom Black and I unit of Philips RaGa MP3 Player
customary group photos for #meaningfulinnovation
I submitted the idea that we should put bicycle racks at public transportation hubs such as LRT stations that are well lit so that people can safely lock their bicycles. This encourages healthier lifestyle with cycling as a form of commuting, and a bit of safety too with it being well lit and a proper place to lock the bicycle.
What’s your meaningful innovative idea? Share it now at http://philips.to/innovationMY, and together we make a difference!