As promised on the Taman Desa Japanese BBQ post, here’s how you spend less than 1/4 the money and DIY some pork bbq goodness at home. An awesome BBQ chicken wing recipe is thrown in as well.
This BBQ was done several weeks ago when my sister and my niece were in KL to get their visa application finalised. They have moved to the states now.
pork, chicken wings, vege, we have it all. Kerol & FA working on the grill
pork belly BBQ:
- buy pork belly from the market, I paid RM 25 for about 15 portions of what you’d get from Taman Desa BBQ place, cut them in squares
- marinate with half a cup of cooking sake, 1 tablespoon salt, and 2 tablespoon vinegar
- as for sauce, add chopped garlic to Japanese salad dressing (wafu dressing, shoyu vinegar)
- BBQ on medium heat till cooked
my sister & niece, with a few friends & ex housemates
awesome chicken wing BBQ:
- marinated chicken wings (together with drummets) with 3 parts oyster sauce, 2 parts soya sauce, and 1 part dark soya sauce
- add some pepper to the marinate
- let it marinate for at least half an hour in the fridge, longer = better
- BBQ over medium fire, poke the drummet – no juice coming out = cooked
instax pic with my sister, the niece, and me. =D
- er.. just put them on stick and burn away!
- add some salt to serve
That’s it, simple and yummy BBQ. The experiment was a success, will have a bigger BBQ party next time!