After the public off days in January and February, one of the most common theme at the office is people complaining about the lack of holidays on March and April.
Well, so far as government sanctioned holidays, that might be true, but for anyone who likes to enjoy a pint of Irish goodness every so often, there is always the 17th of March – Saint Patrick’s Day!
The 18th is a Sunday, which makes this year’s St. Patrick’s Day ever more convenient, since we can thoroughly enjoy the drinks without worrying about having to get up early the next day. Yeahhhhhhhh!
For those who isn’t familiar with St. Patrick’s Day, there’s a wikipedia entry on it; for those who already know what it is all about, here are some extra fun facts:
- St. Patrick’s Day is one of the most observed celebrations in the world, enjoyed with over 100 countries. For the past two years, GUINNESS organized the celebration in Malaysia.
- It is a national holiday in Ireland and island of Montserrat in the Caribbean
- St. Patrick’s Day was first celebrated in America in Boston, Massachusetts, in 1737, which has a lot of Americans with Irish ancestry
- Everything green is used during St. Patrick’s Day – green beer, green food, green outfit, you name it
- Last year’s St. Patrick’s Day celebration in Changkat Bukit Bintang attracted over 8000 people here in Malaysia
- Cities that organized St Patrick’s Day parades include Florence, Oslo, Munich, Copenhagen, Moscow, Seoul, Tokyo, Buenos Aires, Birmingham, Sydney, and the biggest of them all, in New York City
As with the previous two years, on this 17th March this year, GUINNESS is bringing back the St. Patrick’s Day Street Party at Changkat Bukit Bintang.
The whole street will be transformed into an iconic St Patrick’s street party from 6pm till late, there will also be the “Comedy Court’ with some of the funniest people in the region with their hilarious performances.
Do not miss out!
Other than Changkat, GUINNESS is also bringing St. Patrick’s experience to the following cities:
- Upper Penang Road, Penang - 10th March 2012
- Mount Austin, Johor Bharu – 23rd March 2012
- Ipoh Garden East, Ipoh - 24th March 2012
- Jonker Street, Melaka – 31st March 2012
- KK Times Square – 16th March 2012
- KK Waterfront – 17th March 2012
- Kuching (Jln Tunku Abdul Rahman) – 24th March 2012
- Kuching (Brighton Square) – 10th March 2012
- Miri (Pelita Commercial Center) – 31st March 2012
All throughout March, there are special promotions in more than 2000 GUINNESS outlets nationwide. Get a GUINNESS St. Patrick’s miniature glass (5 different designs) with every 4 glasses of GUINNESS draught or a bucket of GUINNESS Foreign extra stout. There’s also limited edition GUINNESS St. Patrick’s t-shirt available every Thursday from 8th March till 31st March 2012 for just additional RM 10 in 178 selected outlets.
It is simply the best month for Guinness lovers. From the photos above, you can sorta tell that I am one of those people.
Hop on to www.facebook.com/guinnessmalaysia for more information!
As with every celebration that matters, there is also a pledge that I urge you to take part in.
GUINNESS wants to make St. Patrick’s Day officially the ”The Friendliest Day of the Year” by getting 1 million people from all over the world to pledge. I’ve put in mine, how about you? If we hit the targeted number, this will also go into Guinness World Records title for Most pledges for a campaign, be a part of it!
Head to St. Patrick’s Day Pledge on Facebook to do it.
See you at Changkat Bukit Bintang on the 17th March!