A couple weeks ago I was invited to a pretty sweet offering – a food tasting session at My Honeymoon desserts at Kota Damansara.
Now desserts is often favored by female more than guys, and I think there’s a very good reason to it. DESSERTS is spelled exactly backwards of STRESSED,and are usually chilled, hence the XX portion of humankind are often the more chillax of the two.
We shall learn.
My Honeymoon Desserts
The story is, the owners of My Honeymoon went to Hong Kong for their, well, honeymoon and fell in love with the desserts during their the visit. The cravings started to mount when they’re back home, and hence the restaurant was born. Long version of the story here.
Mix Fruits Lo, Mango Special Lo
There were 11 of us at this review session, and 10 of them happened to be female, just like I mentioned earlier right?
We had quite a lot of different desserts over the night, in fact, it was the most desserts I had in one seating, and here I shall attempt to categorize them slightly:
The Lo down:
- Mix Fruit Lo – honeydew, mango, watermelon, and more in this mixture of goodness, best of those who can’t decide
- Mango Special Lo – the mango at My Honeymoon desserts is imported from Philippines, you can be sure of the quality. I’ve always love the mango from Philippines, even the dried version, but this one’s just superb!
Mango Cream with Sago & Pamelo, Durian & Mango Pancakes
- Durian pancake – this is one of the must-haves at My Honeymoon Desserts if you’re a durian lover, but a must-avoid if you can’t stand durian for this is the real deal, plenty of King of fruits with all it’s glory… and smell.
- Mango pancake – yep, it’s the mango again, mango and cream doesn’t work that well for me, but some swear by it.
assorted summer special, tofu magic snow ice
sweet memory, colorful granulated ice
Sweet and creamy delights:
- Mango cream with sago & pamelo – the sweetness of mango & sago in contrast with the explosion of citrus when you bite into pamelo sacks, very interesting
- Sweet Memory – Durian and beans, the name is perfect for durian lovers!
Shaved ice, new age ice kacang?:
- Assorted Summer Special – almost like a shaved ice version of mix fruit lo, best for those who can’t decide
- Tofu magic snow ice - the healthy choice, I like the big red beans and the tofu was a bit unexpected but in a good way
- Mango snow ice – mango, shaved ice, pearl, do I need to say more?
special baked rice cake, Rachel presenting the mellow fellow pastry
- Special baked rice cake – I felt that this one could be a little sweeter, essentially a baked “nian gao” (chinese sticky rice cake), not oily like the fried type
- Mellow Fellow Pastry – topped with a scoop of chocolate ice cream, the crispy pastry with it’s filling were truly awesome, a perfect blend of sweet,s lightly salty and the right amount of savory tastes.
hello, chocolate sweet ball with crushed peanuts,
sweet ball coated with crushed peanuts, mango special maruko
- Hello – a mixture of tofu, pearl, cincau, and mango base. The pearls are big and juicy, I like them. Could probably use a better name though
- Mango Special Maruko – more pearls and mango, if you love them equally, this is a good choice
We’ve got balls too:
- Chocolate sweet balls with crushed peanuts – half a dozen ping pong ball sized tong yuen with black sesame fillings served with crushed nuts and chocolate sauce, addictive
- Sweet balls coated with crushed peanuts – same as above for those who doesn’t like chocolate sauce
7 up mint syrup with sago-blue, mango magic snow ice,
mango glutinous roll, mango pudding
Other desserts I couldn’t categorize:
- Colorful granulated rice - I think this is a two in one type of deal where you get to have fruits and glutinous rice at the same time, main meal and dessert in one go, pretty good!
- Mango pudding – yet another mango dessert, this one without any ice, done rather well, and the paler color shows that there’s no artificial coloring involved
- Mango glutinous roll – the shredded coconut in this dish brings out the sweetness of mango even more
Yuenny, Mimi, CitiGal, Haze, Rachel & Karen, Fresh, Jackqie
Scarily, the desserts you see here is but 1/4 to 1/3 of what is available at this outlet, so there’s plenty of choices to fit every type of taste. Most desserts here are priced below RM 10 and come in pretty good size portion, better deal than having just a cup of coffee at many places, and a cheaper too.
Ultimately, the desserts were made even better with the company I was with, the lovely girls from Nuffnang made this possible and it was a blast!
My Honeymoon Desserts
No. 22, PJU 5/10,. Kota Damansara,
47810. Petaling Jaya, Selangor
GPS: 3.151556, 101.593044
Tel: 03-6150 3325
By the way, first FIVE commenter who state Karen’s last name correctly gets free RM 20 voucher! (you’re not qualified if u work for nuffnang hehehe)