To be honest, before the following epic song from youtube, I didn’t know that Christmas is a twelve day celebration. While we’re at this cosmically auspicious number (12 hr on your clock, 12 star signs, 12 chinese zodiac, 12 in a dozen, etc), I’ll like to talk about the 12 things I want for Xmas.
But before that, you have to watch the epic video.
Now this list of 12 things I want, I don’t expect to be able to really get all of them, nor do I really think that some of them are entirely realistic, or make any sense. This will be almost like wild birthday wishes, except there are 12 of them, here goes!
1. I wish that Cendawan the Bengal cat learns to walk on leash like a dog, I mean, the dude already can play fetch better than most canines already. Refer to this post’s video. This way we can bring him out and pretend to be fashionable like the rich and famous walk their cheetahs in the 60s.
2. The same cat should also learn how to open canned food and stop waking me up at 7am everyday to ask for food.
3. While learning how to use a can opener, how about get on to use the bottle opener and fetch me some Guinness while I play games in front of the TV? That’ll surely be neat.
4. Which brings us to the next item. I wish to have another set of Logitech G27 racing wheel + seat setup so that we can play multiplayer GT5 while having a good drink.
5. Someone should invent a car simulator game to simulate drunk driving and the consequences of driving intoxicated. Who says education for adults can’t be achieved via gaming? It’s a brilliant idea, think about it. We can have this in the curriculum for driving license too. Responsible Drinking is what we should advocate.
6. I also wish for more drive through restaurants. Sure, we have McDonald’s and a few KFCs, but how about some drive through hawker foods? Or even a drive through bakery/sandwich place? That’s not too much to ask for I believe!
7. While we’re at the subject of food, I want for this Xmas, more Guinness infused dishes! Other than various meat and a few seafood dishes, the most interesting item has got to be the Guinness sorbet by Chef in Black. I want to see more, that or someone start selling Guinness sorbet in hypermarkets please.
8. It’s also about time someone cook the exact same version of Lorong Selamat char kueh teow and sell them here. Preferably within walking distance from my house or workplace. Those gigantic prawns, yumsss.
9. While we’re at the topic of hawker food, the awesome curry mee with coagulated pork blood – could you please operate till at least 11am on weekends?
11. How about a few more awesome Guinness events like the one we had at Aquaria just prior to Arthur’s Day celebration? Guinness sure know how to throw a great party!
12. Lastly, I want you guys to check out the Merry Guinness facebook page. Buy 6 pints of Guinness Draught or a bucket of Guinness stout gets you a Guinness Heritage glass! The page also list the 12 events Guinness is having from 10th all the way to the 23rd of December, check it out!
13. Why do I limit myself to 12 items anyway? Leave a comment and tell me what you want for your Merry Guinness this year and join me for a pint of Guinness and a delicious Xmas dinner at Bulldog pub (at Hartamas) on 17th of Dec 2010! There’ll be 4 winners, be creative! We can play the Merry Mat there, it’ll be more than just a pint of Guinness, it’ll be the whole Merry Guinness Experience you’re getting. 😀
Cheers and here’s to Merry Guinness!