By the time you read this, I should be well on my way to the Paradise for a diving trip that is long overdue. For the next few days I’ll be going from KL – Tawau – Semporna – Mabul Island – Sipadan, and should be back by Saturday with a whole lot of smile and hopefully many pretty photos.
all my gears are packed and I’m ready to roll (off the boat)
The gears that I’ve packed (and this is post also serves as my check list):
- wet suit (not in the photo) – last used at Redang, 2005
- snorkel & diving mask – last used by suan & horng at Kerabi, 2009
- diving booties – last used at Krabi and Phuket, 2008
- water proof bag – bought at Phuket, 2008, unused
- Ikelite underwater casing for my canon S90 – just bought a few days ago for too much money
- Seiko orange monster – bought in 2008, never used for diving
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver’s license
Getting to Paradise in 3 easy steps
Who said you have to go to a place of worship to get to paradise?
Paradise is just a 2.45 hours from KL via air to Tawau, another hour’s cab ride to Semporna, 45 mins boat ride to Mabul, and from there, a further 15 mins speed boat ride. Paradise is also known as Sipadan island, a place guardian.co.uk rated as one of the top 10 dive sites in the world.
This is my first trip there, and lets hope it’ll be a good one. My dive buddy will be the crazy Irene from Kuching, and this is the first time I’m meeting her, I heard she’s not entirely sane, but my life will be literally dependent on her when we’re underwater. Wish me luck!
I’ll be meeting her with four other travel buddies at Tawau in a few hours’ time. Can’t wait!