Following the successful previous contest (with cash prizes up to RM 5ka piece, I always love cash prizes!), Mister Potato is at it again. Only this time it is even bigger, with grand prize being a gold bar worth RM 88,888!
GOLD BAR! I’ve heard about these mystical thing when I was young, we called it “Kim Tiau” in Hokkien. Those old TV series with the rich tycoons playing with gold bars sitting behind their desk, it was so bling, so surreal.
And now you’re telling me there’s a chance I can win one of these babies? (not the actual picture of the prize)
I think I’d use it as a door stop *evil grin*
If I win the gold bar, it doesn’t mean there’s nothing left for you, my dear readers.
There’re 3 x RM 8,888 first prize, and another 100 x RM 888 consolation prize winners. These are all cold hard cash, and with over 100 winners it’ll be quite unlucky if you actually don’t win.
- Get the unique SMS code from the 75 or 160 gram Mister Potato contest edition pack.
- Guess the combined weight (in KG) of Mister Potato, Ortega, the three Mariachis (Unos, Dos, Tres), and the sack of 100 potatoes. Send in via SMS with unique short code)
- Submit as many entries as you like, but each short code is only valid for 1 entry
- for more details go to misterpotato.com.my
Sherlock Homes’ deductive skills is utmost important here. There are clues on the website as to how much these characters weigh in. Let me give you some tips (I shall not share all for I want the gold bar!)
- Mister Potato himself – 33 pounds heavier than a baby elephant (at 105kg), with 2.2 lbs = 1 KG. A simple calculation should put his weight at 120 kg or so.
- Ortega – profile puts him at “about” 132 lbs but definitely below 134 lbs. That’s between 60-65 kg.
- Tres – 40 kg (from the clue given)
- Dos – Dos + Mister Potato = 170 kg, so that should put him at around 50kg
- Uno – with the Mariachis averaging 48 kg, Uno should work out to be around 54 kg
- sack of 100 potatoes – not gonna give you this one, work it out yourself!
Now excuse me while I go get some Mister Potato, the contest runs from 1st Jan till 31st March 2010, so hurry!