The dad of a close friend’s friend is having a multiple bypass surgery on this coming 1st of March, 2007. The operation requires fresh blood and the surgeon has requested for at least 10 people of similar blood group (A+) to donate on the day of his surgery.
Around 1/3 of the population have type A+ blood running in their veins (I am a type O+ kid), so please do assist this family if you are one of them. You will also get an MC, not like it should be a motivation for doing this, but it’s a plus point.
I have donated a few times during various blood drives, it doesn’t hurt at all, and you get a free blood test in the process, too.
The crucial info:
- Blood group required: A+
- Name of Hospital: Subang Jaya Medical Centre (New Wing), 5th Floor (Blood Bank)
- Opening Hours: 8.30 am – 5.30 pm (Monday to Friday) (Operates during lunch hours); 8.30 am – 12.30 pm (Saturday)
- Patient’s Name: Lee Chiew
- Date of Surgery: March 1, 2007
The donor needs to:
- The Donor has to be healthy
- The potential donor is required to go to the above hospital any day before the surgery date to have his / her blood screened. Should the potential donor do not know his / her blood group, the hospital will conduct the test
- If the potential donor can only attend the screening test on the weekend, he / she will need to give one day prior notice to the hospital.
- SJMC (Blood Bank) contact no.: 03-56306575
- Contact person: Ms Siva
- After having passed the screening test, the Donor will need to come to the hospital again on the Surgery date (9.00 am) for the donation.
- Please be informed that the hospital will issue time-off medical certificates for both the screening and donation days.
Please feel free to contact any of us should you have questions on the above. Karina (012-3930993), Kevin (012-2998769) or Adrian (012-2317912)