This is the 2nd video of the Koi Pond posted since it’s completion more than a year ago. Since the first video was of me and my house mate swimming in it, I thought this time it’ll be best to show you noobs the beautiful kois that lives in the now plenty matured pond.
The are six kois altogether, with the average size of 16-18 inches. They were less than 10 inches in length when I got them from the farm, with the exception of one Kohaku and the Showa donated from Mr. Lee (Thanks!) after I lost the Shiro Utsuri. With the Chagoi still being the champion, the kois are pretty friendly and not easily intimidated by people. Other than the three mentioned, there are also a Yamabuki Ogon, a not so pure Tancho, and another Kohaku from more than a year ago.
Glossary on types of koi:
- Kohaku – red and white koi
- Tancho – white koi with red dot on its head
- Showa – red, white, and black koi, with at least some black color on the head
- Yamabuki Ogon – solid yellow color koi
- Chagoi – olive color koi, also usually the bravest of the pack